Youth Services Program Policy
Children’s programming is intended to provide interesting and educational library-related experiences for residents of the Eastern Monroe Public Library service area. Admission to children’s programs will be on a first come, first serve basis to individuals, unless stated otherwise in the promotional materials. The following guidelines have been developed for the safety and well being of our Library patrons:
- A parent or guardian must accompany children ages 8 and under. In addition, a parent or guardian may be asked to accompany older children at discretion of library staff. During library programming for children ages 8 and under, the parent/guardian of children must stay in building.
- If a child becomes disruptive, or exhibits signs of illness, the parent/guardian will be asked to remove the child from the program area. Children who are sick should stay at home.
- The maximum recommended room capacity is 150 for the Edinger Community Room, 25 for the Children’s Activity Room, 60 for Pocono Township Meeting Room, and 49 for Smithfields Community Room. In the interest of safety, no one else will be admitted to the rooms once these limits have been reached.
- The Library has some programs specifically geared toward chronological age groups. These specific aged based programs are specially planned for social development and a learning experience. We expect all patrons to respect our age group guidelines regardless of social, emotional, and intellectual age.
- Due to room capacity and staffing limitations, attendance by groups including, but not limited to, preschools, schools, day care centers and other formal organizations will not be permitted. Scheduled tours and visits, combined with story times, are always available to groups upon request. Arrangements for outreach to their locations are also possible. All such arrangements must be made through Youth Services and are dependent on scheduling and staffing availability.
Approved by the Board of Trustees July 2014