Computer & Technology Classes
The library now offers intensive one-hour classes on a variety of computer and technology subjects. Please note that classes on resume writing are two hours long. Classes are held on the second floor of the Hughes Library.
These classes will help you brush up on basic computer skills, get more from your smart devices, and learn how to download free e-books and audiobooks at home. We also offer classes on special topics including health resources, business research, and genealogy research.
The current schedule of classes for the Hughes Library is:
- Thursday, Sept. 14th, 10 am: Introduction to Facebook
- Tuesday, Sept. 19th, 2:30 pm: Introduction to MS Word
- Tuesday, Sept. 26th, 2:30 pm: Introduction to MS Excel
- Tuesday, Oct. 3rd, 2:30 pm: Introduction to Computers & the Internet
- Tuesday, Oct. 10th, 2:30 pm: Keyboard Tips & Tricks
- Thursday, Oct.19th, 10 am: Social Media
- Tuesday, Oct. 24th, 2:30 pm: Genealogy Research Online
- Tuesday, Oct. 31st, 2:30 pm: Introduction to MS PowerPoint
Classes are limited to six students, except where noted. Pre-registration is required. Call 570-421-0800, ext 316 to register for classes at Hughes Library.
Classes are also available twice per month at the Smithfields Library:
- Wed., Oct., 25, 10:30 am- Keyboard Tips & Tricks
- Wed., Nov., 8, 10:30 am – Intro to Computers & the Internet
Classes are limited to five students. Pre-registration is required. Call 570-223-1881.