Computer & Technology Classes
The library now offers intensive one-hour classes on a variety of computer and technology subjects. Please note that classes on resume writing are two hours long. Classes are held on the second floor of the Hughes Library.
These classes will help you brush up on basic computer skills, get more from your smart devices, and learn how to download free e-books and audiobooks at home. We also offer classes on special topics including health resources, business research, and genealogy research. Classes are also available twice per month at the Smithfields branch on Wednesdays.
The current schedule of classes for the Hughes Library is:
- Tuesday July 18 – 2:30pm – Health Resources Online
- Tuesday July 25 – 2:30pm – Genealogy Online
- Tuesday August 1 – 2:30pm – Introduction to Computers
- Tuesday August 8 – 2:30pm – Introduction to MS Excel
- Tuesday August 15 – 2:30pm – Introduction to MS Word
- Tuesday August 22 – 2:30pm – The “Other” eBooks
- Tuesday August 29 – 2:30pm – Keyboard Shortcuts – Tips and Tricks
Classes are limited to six students, except where noted. Pre-registration is required. Call 570-421-0800, ext 316 to register for classes at Hughes Library, and 570-223-1881 to register for Smithfields programs