Computer & Technology Classes
The library now offers intensive one-hour classes on a variety of computer and technology subjects. Please note that classes on resume writing are two hours long. Classes are held on the second floor of the Hughes Library.
These classes will help you brush up on basic computer skills, get more from your smart devices, and learn how to download free e-books and audiobooks at home. We also offer classes on special topics including health resources, business research, and genealogy research.
Except where noted, all classes start at 2:30 pm. The current schedule of classes for the Hughes Library is:
- Tuesday, Jan 9 Intro to Computers and the Internet
- Tuesday, Jan 16 Introduction to MS Excel
- Tuesday, Jan 23 Introduction to MS PowerPoint
- Tuesday, Jan 30 Introduction to online Business & Investing
- Tuesday, Feb 6 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Tuesday, Feb 13 Introduction to MS Word
- Tuesday, Feb 20 Online Genealogy
- Tuesday, Feb 27 Safe Searching online
Classes are limited to six students, except where noted. Pre-registration is required. Call 570-421-0800, ext 316 to register for classes at Hughes Library.
Classes are also available twice per month at the Smithfields Library at 10:30 am:
- Wednesday, Jan. 10 – Intro to Computers and the Internet
- Wednesday, Jan. 24 – Intro to Microsoft Word
- Wednesday, Feb. 14 – Intro to Computers and the Internet
- Wednesday, Feb. 28 – E-Books
Classes are limited to five students. Pre-registration is required. Call 570-223-1881.