Computer & Technology Classes
The library now offers intensive one-hour classes on a variety of computer and technology subjects. Please note that classes on resume writing are two hours long. Classes are held on Thursdays on the second floor of the Hughes Library.
These classes will help you brush up on basic computer skills, get more from your smart devices, and learn how to download free e-books and audiobooks at home. We also offer classes on special topics including health resources, business research, and genealogy research. Classes are held on most Thursdays @ the Hughes branch, and start at 10 a.m. Classes are also available once a month at the Smithfields branch on Wednesdays.
The current schedule of classes for the Hughes Library is:
- February 16 – Genealogy Resources @ 5:30 pm
- February 23 – Basic Introduction to Computers and the Internet
- March 2 – Keyboard Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts
- March 9 – Introduction to MS Excel
- March 16 – Introduction to MS Word
Classes are limited to six students, except where noted. Pre-registration is required. Call 570-421-0800, ext 316 to register.